"I am the Light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but swill have the light of life." John 8: 12
Our homes, our families, our world are touched by darkness in ways big and small, but celebrating Jesus' birth is a reminder that His light washes all darkness away.
It is hard to believe another year has come and gone. Seems as though we should have a laundry list of memories, experiences, funny stories, etc., and we do, except if we shared them all, this letter would be a book! So we'll just hit the highlights:
- Grace (Therese) and Gianna (Anne) were confirmed on April 5 at the Cathedral of St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception.
- Tobias played his first season of "Coach Pitch" baseball over the summer
- The 5 oldest kiddos took swim lessons
- Grace, Gianna, Toby, and Josh all got to attend Totus Tuus - a fantastic Catholic, very meaty VBS program
- Christopher passed his state of Illinois EMT certification exam
- We made a mini vacation out of our trip here to the St. John's Catholic Newman Center Summer Homecoming
- The 2014-15 school year is about halfway through with a school room chock full of learning from our 6th, 4th, 2nd, and 1st graders, plus our preschooler and 2 tag-a-longs!
- Tobias had his First Reconciliation in early November
- In October, Christopher accepted a new job with Alexis Fire Equipment as a Merchandise Sales Representative.
- We celebrated the birth of our first Goddaughter, Mary Agnes, who is a precious, sweet angel.
- Rounding out the year, WE MOVED!!!
Christopher started his new job on October 13, we closed on our house November 20, and we moved November 22. We celebrated Thanksgiving in our new home - just us - with a flaming green bean casserole and spewing sewer pipe. Nothing like fun stories for many Thanksgivings to come!
So here at Domus Mariae Regina Sanctorum (House of Mary, Queen of All Saints), we will begin 2015 with a new job, new home, new experiences, and making new memories, but NEVER forgetting each of you who has touched us on our journey.
From our home to yours, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Our new address and phone number:
1701 Briarcliff Dr.