Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What I'll Miss....

So really, you deserve at least one post prior to this one explaining the exciting changes coming up for our family. BUT, I don't have nearly enough time to write that post today, so you're getting the quick version. We're moving! Yippee! Oh my goodness!  Yes, it's true! 

In light of that revelation, I thought it would be fun to share what I'm going to miss about living in Blandinsville, IL.
  • Friends (those in town, at Church, homeschooling, etc)
  • Our family (it's been great living so close to extended family, something sort of new to me)
  • The library (best librarians around, hands down!) - plus I'll have to actually drive to the library now!
  • Hours of endless entertainment for my boys (during harvest, snow plow season, etc) because they can sit and watch the highway right in front of our house
  • Beautiful drives everywhere we go, especially in the fall.
  • New experiences (riding in a combine, feeding calves, driving on gravel roads, waving to everyone you pass, being porch monkeys, small town festivals and celebrations)
  • Simplicity



Thank you, Blandinsville, for welcoming us to your community.  We'll be back to visit, assuming we're always welcome :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment