Tuesday, August 19, 2014

What's keeping me awake at night?

In an effort to keep it real around here, I thought I would share what keeps me awake at night. That's not to say I don't ever sleep, but sometimes I just can't turn my brain off.  So here's a glimpse of what you might find tumbling around in my head these days (nights).

1. Homeschooling
2. Taking good care of my husband
3. Working hard on my career training program
4. Making our dollars s-t-r-e-t-c-h!
5. God's plan for our family (and His timing)
6. How to foster good relationships between my kiddos, especially the girls
7. When to fit exercise in my schedule
8. Staying in touch with my folks and my brother
9. Why does it have to be so hard to live out God's plan?
10. What is "so and so" going to do when he/she grows up?
11. Why can't people just get their act together so the world can be a better place?

I'm sure the list can be amended at least once a week. Life can throw curveballs when I'm expecting a fast ball, but you get the idea, my mind never really rests.  I honestly don't know if I can ever fully shut my brain off to everything.  So sometimes when I'm awake, usually nursing my little guy, I just turn it all to prayer.  At least it brings me peace instead of worry.

Do you find yourself pondering life in the wee hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment