Friday, August 15, 2014

Summer Vacation, Grace, Vocations and Frozen




Summer vacation is rapidly ending here at the Kreps' house.  Ours was a long 6 weeks this year.  Might seem short to some and too long to others...I'm not sure how I feel.  On one hand I am so excited and ready to get back to our school schedule.  On the other hand, there's a lot more on my platter this time around so I'm a bit anxious as to how I'll manage it all.
"All by Grace" - seems to be the perfect motto for my school year, don't you think?  It's the answer to pretty much any question I get about homeschooling or raising a large family.  In my humble opinion, it's the only correct answer.
I never understood why my dear mother would get so frustrated with me when I would talk back to her or use sarcasm.  NOW I DO!  What goes around comes around, some might say.  However, now that I understand first hand how it feels, I want to get to the deeper "heart" issues with my kiddos, so they won't speak to me or anyone that way.  Always a work in progress!
I love my husband very much and what the Lord has accomplished in 11.5 years of marriage is simply amazing.  I really don't know where I would be without him, despite my inability to express that clearly sometimes.  Life changes people.  Every bump in the road, whether it be a positive bump or not, redirects us.  But I said "I do" and absolutely meant every last word of my vows - no matter the bumps!  Marriage is my primary vocation and knowing it's what I'm called to reassures me that all the grace I will ever need to live it out well, is right there for me.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but we've been on a Frozen break this week. GASP! Only an occasional impromptu serenade of "Let it Go" every once in a while.  Praise God!  While I admit that I sing the songs constantly right along with my kiddos, I'm glad that we're singing some Garth Brooks this week - nice change of pace!
There's a "next" for us - for our family.  We are in the midst of praying and planning a change for our family.  It's been in our thoughts and on our hearts for a while now, but through lots of prayer we finally have a path before us.  I feel more at peace on this path and awaiting God's timing, knowing and feeling His hands in the process.
In the spirit of all the prayer requests I've seen, been texted, etc., let me offer this simple prayer:
"Heavenly Father, let it be done according to your will.  May the peace and love of Christ Jesus, your Son, reign in our hearts. Amen."
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment