Monday, June 2, 2014

The End is in Sight (I think)

So I've been homeschooling a long time.  Not to say I'm an expert, but more that I started homeschooling with another family well before Grace was school age.  It's been coursing through my blood for the more than 10 years since.

Every year is new and different.  We encounter challenges.  We make changes.  We try new things.  Some years fly by and I feel like I barely had time to blink.  Others, well, let's just say that paint seems to dry faster!

This school year is a paint dries faster kinda year!  It's been going on. for. EVER. 

I'm just being honest here.  Even homeschoolers feel the drag sometimes.

We homeschool year round, so really school is just ongoing for us.  We do have breaks from anywhere between 2 and 4 weeks, but going all year helps keeps us fresh and the kiddos don't forget what they learn from one year to the next. 

So you're probably thinking to yourself, why homeschool year round if you're complaining about wanting to be done?  Good point. 

The difference this year is that we started almost an entire year ago and then took a longer break before/after Alexander was born in September.  When we started, we only took about 2 weeks off from school year to school year.  That was a bit crazy I think!  Instead of finishing our core academic work in the usually 9 months or so, we've been going almost 12 months.

Here we are just trying to plug through to the end.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  The kiddos are actually holding up okay.  So really, it's just me.  I need to fight the urge to throw it all to the wind!

I'm already super excited for next year, but first things first - finish this year!  I need to say an extra prayer for the grace to complete was planned for this day without a worry for tomorrow.

________________

How are you holding up? 
Is your school year done? 
What do you do when you feel antsy like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment